Take Action to Restore LIHEAP Funding to $5.1 Billion
Fundraising Resources for NFFN Members
An essential role of the National Fuel Funds Network is to assist members to improve their fundraising results. Over the years, NFFN has provided training and best practices workshops at its national conferences, responded to specific member requests with information from its data bank, referrals to other members and queries to the entire membership list on behalf of an inquiring member. In 2008, the Network convened the Victorine Q. Adams Institute, gathering 70 development professionals from the charitable energy assistance community across the country for in-depth discussions on fundraising practices and issues.
Some of the presentations from the Adams Institute and from national conferences from 2008 to 2011 are listed below. Please avail yourself of these resources and please share similar resources with NFFN members by emailing them to email@example.com.
From NFFN’s Victorine Q Adams Institute, September 2008
- Offering Hope Delivering Help-Govt Assist Sept 2008
- Offering Hope Delivering Help - Fund Raising VQA Sept 2008
- 2008 VQA Efficiency
- 2008 VQA Govt funding etc
From the 2008 National Energy and Utility Affordability Conference
From the 2009 National Energy and Utility Affordability Conference
From the 2010 National Energy and Utility Affordability Conference
From the 2011 National Energy and Utility Affordability Conference
Links for Energy Assistance
Federal Energy Assistance
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) of US government provides financial assistance for heating and cooling bills to eligible households.
To locate an agnecy providing federal aid, call National Energy Assistance Referral Line (Call for your local assistance contacts) 1-866-674-6327 or visit the federal LIHEAP website.
Charitable Energy Assistance
Members of the National Fuel Funds Network provide energy assistance that is donated through charitable contributions. This assistance generally supplements federal aid. To reach a charitable energy assistance program, click on one of the agency logos below, if that agency is in your area.
Also visit: NFFN Member Index or call the customer service number of your local utility and ask for a referral to a fuel fund or charitable energy assistance program.
- $1 Energy Fund Pittsburgh, PA
- Crisis Assistance Ministry Charlotte, NC
- EnergyCare St. Louis
- Energy Outreach Colorado Denver, CO
- Fuel Fund of Maryland Baltimore, MD
- Keep Wisconsin Warm Fund Madison, WI
- HeartShare Neighborhood Heating Fund New York, NY
- Mid America Assistance Coalition Kansas City, MO
- Minnesota HeatShare various locations, Minnesota
- Minnesota Reach Out for Warmth Fuel Fund St. Coud, MN
- NJ SHARES Ewing, NJ (Statewide Heating & Referral for Energy Services)
- Operation Fuel Bloomfield, Connecticut
- Oregon Heat Tualatin, OR
- The Heat and Warmth (THAW) Fund Detroit, MI
- Utility Emergency Services Fund Philadelphia, PA